Here is week 9
Well this week certainly holds the record for the most last minute ever. On Saturday night I realized that I had taken very few photos during the week. Usually when that happens Marvin has a lot to pick from but for some reason he didn’t take many this week either. I managed to use a few of the same thing – different days though and got a couple of photos that Kendall had taken of herself. Whew.
On a side not the mummy project looks amazing now that it is done – will post a photo of the poster board next week. The kids at school really enjoyed eating it yesterday after Jessica and Megan did their presentation. I also learned that it is NOT a good idea to post photos of tulips in February. It started snowing on Saturday and did not stop for days. My flowers are buried under at least a foot of snow!
Week 6 was a very social week. We stared with Super Bowl on Sunday (yeah Seahawks) and then progressed to wing night on Tuesday and then out again on Friday. I was so happy to have a vacation day on Friday so I could work on this and on things around the house! Click to see it larger and read the journaling.
I wish I had time to blog. I wish I had time to work on Project LIfe. I wish I had more time for me. I solved some of these wishes by taking a vacation day from work. I slept in, relaxed, enjoyed my coffee and tea I also managed to catch up on some projects around the house AND finish week 5 – yippee.
Tomorrow I am taking more time for me and getting my hair cut and coloured. Feeling like I need a big change – maybe lighter red mixed in with the dark? Maybe a lot shorter? Not sure just yet.
Here is week 5 – click on the photo to read any of the journaling (except the private part that has been blurred).
I actually finished this earlier this week but then realized that I forgot to post it
- more soccer x2 games this week
- basketball x2 this week
- out with the new (dresser) in with the OLD hutch for my collection of milk glass and pyrex
- excitement about the Seahawks going to Superbowl!
- huge weight loss for my mom – she looks amazing. So very proud of her!!
The 2013 year in review post is on the back burner. Tagging and sorting photos is also on the back burner right now. My “to-do” list is not getting done either BUT………week 3 is done I am caught up!! This came together really quickly and I am happy with the colour scheme too.
Click to read the stories or here is the summary:
- Jessica started basketball this week – eight weeks of training camp
- she also had a rough soccer game that resulted in a lot of bruises
- Jessica joined Facebook (even though it is losing popularity with the younger crowd)
- new soccer shoes for Jessica
- Some personal stuff that is blurred out took up a lot of our week and a lot of my energy both physically and mentally. I have blogged privately about it
- Not a lot of Kendall this week but Marvin did get a cool shot of her at Starbucks
- We had Nico over for BACON Watch the video – so super cute!
A little late but oh well.
Been soooooooo busy. Self inflicted
I have been scanning all negatives from the 1980′s – 2003 when I went digital. This project has involved SO many hours at the scanner I have lost count. My initial goal was to digitize everything for backup purposes and that is done. They are on my hard drive and backed up using Backblaze so they are safe!
I even started throwing out negatives and a tonne of old photos. Old photos of scenery that I have since taken way better photos of (Oregon Coast, California, Disney, Vegas etc). Why keep those old photos around? Old negatives from the 80′s and 90′s before I had kids. Am I ever going to want those to make reprints – nope! I have a digital scan so they are in the garbage now too.
I have eliminated two full photo albums already by removing bad photos. More to come I am sure as I have time.
I am keeping my negatives from 1998 – 2003 as they are photos of the kids. I say that with a caveat – I am keeping them “for now”. They are not safe either.
This purging is going to lead to my scrapbooks – all 20 or so of them are FULL of pages. Some of the pages are worth keeping but seriously how many pages of “dream” or “believe” with one photo on them do I need to keep? NONE I am trying to figure out if I scan them to preserve my “work” or if I really don’t care. I am probably going to consolidate them down and keep the ones with meaningful stories – the rest can be tossed. That alone will free up two whole shelves on my bookcases.
More purging has happened in Kendall’s room. She was NOT happy that I went in and emptied out all her drawers onto the bed. I found stuff that she has never worn – brand new with tags still on. Seriously?? Well it works out fine for me as I am selling them on Facebook via bidding wars. Gotta save for Disney.
Besides the purging madness I have had some time to think about what I want to accomplish in 2014. My kids both helped me with my top resolution which is to be more patient when I am driving. Less swearing – more counting to 10. It was Jessica’s idea.
Besides that I want to keep eating my low carb way. The only change this year is that I am adopting a more high-fat approach to go along with the low carb. Supposed to be more energy and faster weight loss so I will know in a month or so. I sure do have a lot of energy already!
I have a lot of projects I want to get done this year:
- Reno the powder room. This involves pulling off the builder’s mirror, painting, installing a medicine cabinet and other shelving, changing the light fixture and accessorizing. It might also involve painting my dark cabinets in there white.
- Re-do all the shelving in the basement. This includes selling the existing Besta units and getting something smaller that will sit beside the TV (with a shelving unit across the top).
- Paint my bathroom
- Paint Kendall’s room
- Install a counter top over my washer and dryer and re-do the top cupboards. I have so many ideas from Pinterest – just need to execute them
- Install bead board or some other sort of finish on the kitchen island. Need to figure out what material and how to cut around the electrical outlet
- Not likely to happen this year but wishful thinking would be to install shelves on either side of my fireplace that look like built-ins
Looking forward to a busy and fun 2014. Less travel and more house projects in store for me. I still need to do a summary post for 2013 with highlights but will work on that over the weekend.
I have been so busy this week I haven’t had time to finish off my first layout of the year. I started this week on December 29 as I wanted to be consistent with my Sunday start date for the week.
I was waiting for my 2013 book to get here before I finalized these pages. I wanted to see if the 90% size was good for printing and if the font I chose was legible. Both were perfect when the printed book for 2013 arrived :)
Here is week one. Busy around here with post Christmas take down/put away and lots of family time. We enjoyed every last minute before school and work started again on Monday. The kids were not happy about having to adjust their sleep schedules and they were definitely not happy that Christmas break was coming to an end.
* I just realized that I forgot to highlight the week on the January calendar – will go back and fix that before I print*